Visiting our site or using our apps or services from outside the United States
What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Apps, personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is information that you supply to us, as described more fully below, i.e., when you use our Services, obtain a subscription, complete a survey, register on the Apps, upload content, participate in a community, or provide your e-mail address. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you and includes, among other things, your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card, billing and contact information. Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the Apps and the Internet.
As a general matter, you can browse the Apps without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us or our agents with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information.
- Registration for an account on the Apps
- Registration for an event sponsored by Doublechekk
- Profile information that You provide for Your user profile
- Making a purchase on or through the Apps
- Uploading content to the Apps
- Submitting an application to work at Doublechekk
- Participation in surveys
- Participation in contests or sweepstakes
- Signing up to receive alerts or other information via email, text or instant message from Doublechekk
- Requests for customer service, support requests or other assistance
- Apps related communications, e.g. account verification; technical notification
- Participation in communities, commenting on blog entries and participation in other forums
- Submission of content or other data and information on any part of the Apps that permits it
Non-Personal InformationIn addition, when you interact with the Apps, we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our Apps (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Non-identifiable demographic data such as age, gender, and five digit zip code as part of collecting personal information
- Device information about your computer, browser, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Apps. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Analytics and usage information about your use of the Apps.
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring Apps addresses
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. We do not use flash cookies, web storage, web beacons or other technology that tracks your browsing history across multiple websites.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Apps. We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
· To upload your content to our Apps as you request
· To permit you to update, edit, and manage your content on our Apps
· To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us (including service related announcements) and send you information about features and enhancements on our Apps
· To communicate with you about changes to our policies
· To communicate with you about your comment to a blog post
· To personalize content and experiences on our Apps, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences
· To disclose anonymized Personal Information to disclose statistics and analytics and other details regarding the use of our Apps.
· To optimize or improve our products, services and operations
· To automatically update the Apps on your device
· To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
· To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Apps
Use of Your Location Information
Specifically, we use your location information to:
· Personalize content on our Apps, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences
· Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
· Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
· Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Apps and their purchasing patterns
Combination of Your Personal Information
We use the information from one portion of the Apps on other portions of the Apps or elsewhere in our network of Apps and other interactive features, or in reports and analysis, all of which are owned and operated by Doublechekk, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Apps into a single customer record or analysis or report. We also use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or we collect or receive from third party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your customer records.Who Do We Provide Your Information To?
Business Partners and Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with our other business partners from time to time. You may withdraw your consent to our sharing of your Personal Information with business partners and third parties at any time by following the opt-out process described below.
We have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, push notifications, storage, bandwidth, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to the Personal Information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that Personal Information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Apps.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Apps; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Apps or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Apps or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your Personal Information. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your device to our servers. Personal Information collected by our Apps are stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your Personal Information to you. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How Can We Transfer Your Personal Information?
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Doublechekk, its Clients, Affiliates, or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and user Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Happens When I Link To or From Another Site?
What Are Your Choices and How Do You Opt-Out?
We believe you should have choices about the collection, use and sharing of your information. Although you cannot opt-out of all data collection when you visit our sites, you can limit the collection, use and sharing of your personally identifiable information.
Collection of Personal Information. All personally identifiable information is provided on a voluntary basis. If you do not want Doublechekk to collect such information, you should not submit it to the Apps. However, doing so will restrict your ability to access some content and use some of the functionality of the Apps.
Emails and Other Communications. If you would like to alter the type of communications you receive from us, including opting out of promotional communications from us, you may do so at any time by updating the communication preferences specified in your account profile through the Apps. Please note that this may affect your ability to access certain products and services, and we may continue to send non-promotional communications such as staffing confirmations, surveys, and other information about your use of the Service. If you refer others to us using our email functionality, please note that they may choose not to receive any promotional emails from us in the future by following the opt-out instructions in the email invitation.
Please note that while you may opt out of online behavioral advertising and other targeted advertising served by participating companies through Apps you may still see other types of advertising on the Apps, it just may not be as relevant or targeted to your interests.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information. If you have an account with Doublechekk, you may review and change your information by logging into your account and editing your profile. Be advised that we may not be able to delete your Personal Information without also deleting your user account. You will not be permitted to examine the Personal Information of any other person or entity and may be required to provide us with Personal Information to verify your identity prior to accessing any records containing information about you. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete Personal Information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Doublechekk who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.